Simple guide on how to build a Kubb set at home
Ok, you think you love Kubb. But if you want to try it out first and don’t want to buy a Kubb set yet, I have a simple guide on how to build it with home-garden-and-kitchen stuff.
Collect the following items:
- Small plastic bottles (10x) for the Kubbs. Fill them with sand and screw the cap back on.
- Small plastic bottles (6x) for throwing sticks. Fill the bottles halfway with water and screw the cap back on.
- Big plastic bottle (1x) as King. Fill it halfway with water.
- Large stones (6x) to mark the field.
Manual on how to start playing with your own set
- Set out the field with the stones as markers for the corners. The field is 8 meters by 5 meters. 1 big step is about 1 meter. Also place a stone halfway the 8 meters: this indicates the center line
- Place 5 cans on both sides of the the rear-lines (5 meters)
- Place the king in the middle of the field
- Start the game. Need an explanation? Then take a look at the rules of the game
Other articles on Kubb.info
What is Kubb?
👉 The best Kubb sets 👈
Kubb Official Weights and Dimensions
How to play Kubb?
5 golden tips to WIN Kubb
Kubb World Cup game rules
What is Mölkky?
History of Kubb
DIY kubb set builder